Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fools Day!

I started the morning off on the computer, chatting with a friend in New Brunswick. We've never met, but we share a love of horses and music - and can always find things to chat about for an hour or two. A half a dozen blog entries (comments on other people's blogs, not mine) later, it was time to head out for brunch with a fun bunch of friends.

When I was at the farm yesterday, I took some new pictures of the horses. I played with the settings on my camera to get some higher resolution photos that can be printed larger than 5 x 7. The sun caused a few sunspots on the images, so they're not as good as I hoped, but they're certainly much more detailed than the "standard" setting.

I took a bunch of pictures of Charlie:









and some of Ti-Buck and Sneakers playing "stallion games":








Then some of Queenie:









Sheba looks really pregnant now. The vet says that she appears to be doing just fine and everything is on schedule and developing properly.


You can really see her bad knee in the larger photo. It doesn't seem to bother her too much as long as it's not too muddy. Poor Sheba - we don't know how or when she injured it, but it'll never get better (although it is less swollen and painful than it was 3 years ago when we kept her in Smiths Falls).



S'Heir, Sheba's foal from 4 years ago, was busy looking cute for the camera. She is started at walk and trot now, and is really proud that she's a "big girl" and gets to be ridden. Sheba's new foal will be S'Heir's half sibling - S'Heir's sire is The Royal Heir. The new foal's sire is AA Decadence.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll post the pictures of my Christmas cactus that decided to bloom again for Easter. It's got spectacular flowers.

That's enough for today - time to do something else (like housework)!

No comments:

Sneakers - 2006

Sneakers - 2006
The incredible Sneakypony!